Republic of the Philippines
Department of Education
J. P. Rosales Avenue, Butuan City
Tel. No. (085) 342-8207 local 106 Fax No. 342-5969
INVITATION TO BID FOR
MEALS AND ACCOMMODATION
1. The Department of Education, Caraga Region, through the FY 2018 GAA(CO Funds) intends to apply the sum of THREE MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED SIXTY THOUSAND PESOS ONLY (P 3,760,000.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for The Procurement of Services (Meals and Accommodation for 235 pax/phase) for the Division Roll-out on Program Management Information System on December 18-21, 2018 (Phase 1) and Phase 2 (date to be determined). Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
2. The Procurement of Services (Meals and Accommodation for 235 pax/phase) for the Division Roll-out on Program Management Information System. Delivery of the Goods is required on December 18-21, 2018 (Phase 1) and Phase 2 (date to be determined). The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
3. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the 2016 Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
In addition, select one of the two following paragraphs and delete the other depending on the existence of conditions under Section 220.127.116.11 of the IRR of RA 9184:
(i) Select this paragraph if conditions (a), (c), and (d) under Section 18.104.22.168 of the IRR of RA 9184 do not exist: Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines, and to citizens or organizations of a country the laws or regulations of which grant similar rights or privileges to Filipino citizens, pursuant to RA 5183.
(ii) Select this paragraph if condition (a), (c), or (d) under Section 22.214.171.124 of the IRR of RA 9184 exists: Bidding is open to all interested bidders, whether local or foreign, subject to the conditions for eligibility provided in the IRR of RA 9184.
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from Department of Education, Caraga Region, J.P. Rosales Ave., Butuan City and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested Bidders on November 13, 2018 to December 7, 2018 from the address below and upon payment of the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB, in the amount of Four Thousand Pesos Only (P 4,000.00). Note: For lot procurement, the maximum fee for the Bidding Documents for each lot shall be based on its ABC, in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the GPPB; provided that the total fees for the Bidding Documents of all lots shall not exceed the maximum fee prescribed in the Guidelines for the sum of the ABC of all lots.}.
6. The Department of Education, Caraga Region will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on November 23, 2018 at 10:00a.m. at DepEd Caraga Region, J.P. Rosales Ave., Butuan City, which shall be open to prospective bidders.
7. Bids must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat at the address below on or before December 7, 2018 at 9:59 a.m. All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 18.
Bid opening shall be on December 7, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. at DepEd Caraga Region, J.P. Rosales Ave., Butuan City. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below. Late bids shall not be accepted.
8. The Department of Education, Caraga Region reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
9. For further information, please refer to:
MR. MANUEL O. CABERTE
Department of Education
J.P. Rosales Avenue, Butuan City 8600
Tel. No. (085) 342-82-07 local 106 & 113
Fax. No. (085) 342-5969